Oh! The Humanity!

This forum is for discussions of our discontinued Z-PH10 MM phono preamp kit
jwb474

Oh! The Humanity!

Post by jwb474 »

The subject says it all. The Z-PH10 has been the standard bearer for PAS upgrades for years. I bought one for my new build. Since my new build was going have the latest and greatest, I guess I will have to get a 20 and my new 10 will go into another previous PAS.

My 1st PH10 was from Tubes4HiFi a long time ago. As seem from the pictures looks like the onboard regulation was an afterthought. Those of us that have the Erhard PH10 will notice the layout differences.

Image Image
Holger
Site Admin

Re: Oh! The Humanity!

Post by Holger »

The Z-PH10 is/was a good phono preamp. However, like many things, it had some shortfalls, especially in the RIAA circuit.
As well, a lot more people are starting to use our PAS upgrade kits for non PAS preamps, that is, using the kits to build their own tube preamp.
On some occasions, when someone used the Z-PH10 to input into a solid state preamp instead of one of our Z series tube preamps, there were some impedance issues.
So it was decided to add a MOSFET output buffer to the phono preamp, this should make it much easier to match up the new Z-PH20 with many different solid state preamps.
Custom Handcrafted Tube Audio Gear
www.erhard-audio.com
Dynaco PAS upgrade kits, PAS upgrade kit forum
North American Lundahl Transformers Distributor
Audio Amp Auto Bias Modules Distributor
Lavane

Post by Lavane »

I'm getting close to building a stand alone phono preamp using the new Z-PH-20 board.
Thanks Holger! :D
I still have a few more bits incoming before I cab start.
Holger
Site Admin

Post by Holger »

sounds good bud.
Once it is up and running, if you could provide some feedback on what you think of the revised version, thanks!
Custom Handcrafted Tube Audio Gear
www.erhard-audio.com
Dynaco PAS upgrade kits, PAS upgrade kit forum
North American Lundahl Transformers Distributor
Audio Amp Auto Bias Modules Distributor