In partnership with Dynakit Parts, we are now offering a New Generation kit of the very popular Dynaco ST-35 power amp, the ST-NG, at 17.5W per channel in an enclosed chassis, unlike the original Dynaco ST-35 which was in an open chassis. This is a pure power amp; it has no input selections, just a volume control.
This is a completely new kit. You will get the excellent Dynakit SCA chassis with black or brown cover, a complete set of new Dynakit power and output transformers, and our very own designed and much improved power supply with dual fixed bias regulators and a regulated DC filament supply for the preamp tubes. It includes an improved power amp circuit using a 12DW7 preamp tube and two EL84 output tubes per channel, volume and balance controls, and all the necessary hardware to build this one of a kind power amp kit. The vastly improved power supply, especially the DC filament supply for the preamp tubes, makes all the difference, along with a superb phono preamp designed especially for this amp with a higher than usual gain and an improved power amp circuit.
Here is why we feel that our ST-NG circuits stand above other options available on the ST-35 upgrade market:
- First and foremost, there is a lifted, regulated DC filament supply for the 12DW7's and 12AX7's;
- It includes a regulated dual fixed bias circuit, one for each pair of EL84's, using an LM337 voltage regulator;
- It offers an updated and improved driver and power amp circuit, based on the unique 12DW7 triode and the venerable EL84
- You'll get our own designed, high quality combo main printed circuit board (one PCB for all six tubes), with double layer, top and
bottom ground planes for maximum screening against noise pickup, which can also be used to upgrade older SCA-35's which use
the single bias supply, by simply adding one jumper link! The PCB has top and bottom solder masking and full screen printing;
- It also includes high quality film resistors, high quality film capacitors, and high quality electrolytic capacitors throughout the circuits.
Do not compare this ST-NG to the original Dynaco ST-35! You are getting a first class power tube power amplifier that is heads and shoulders above the original ST-35! We have made NO COMPROMISE in the design and the components we use for this kit!
Two front panel colors are available, silver or black, with matching or contrasting silver of black aluminum knobs.
This integrated amp can be supplied for either 120VAC 60Hz or 220-240VAC 50Hz mains supply.
You will get a full set of instructions with this kit, but just as our SCA-NG kit, this is not for the beginner, and we are assuming that you have built tube amp kits before and have a basic understanding of their operation and that you are confident in working with DC voltages up to 450V!