In partnership with Dynakit Parts, we are now offering a New Generation kit of the very popular Dynaco SCA-35 integrated power amp, the SCA-NG at 17.5W per channel.
This is a completely new kit. You will get the excellent Dynakit SCA chassis with black cover, a complete new set of Dynakit power and output transformers, our very own designed and much improved power supply with dual fixed bias regulators, a regulated DC filament supply for all preamp tubes and regulated B+ for the phono preamp. The kit also includes a new, very much improved Ray Waters custom designed phono preamp using two 12AX7's, an improved power amp circuit using a 12DW7 preamp tube and two EL84 output tubes per channel, volume and balance controls, and all the necessary hardware to build this one of a kind integrated power amp kit.
Even though it looks very similar to the original Dyanco SCA-35, the SCA-NG is heads and shoulders above the original SCA-35. A vastly improved power supply, especially the DC filament supply for the preamp tubes, makes all the difference along with a superb phono preamp designed especially for this amp with a higher than usual gain, and an improved power amp circuit. This integrated amp does not come with tone controls; it is a classic preamp circuit.
Here is why we feel that our SCA-NG circuits stand above other options available on the SCA-35 upgrade market:
- First and foremost,it offers a lifted, regulated DC filament supply for the 12DW7's and 12AX7's;
- There is a regulated B+ supply for the phono preamp;
- There is also a regulated dual fixed bias circuit, one for each pair of EL84's, using an LM337 voltage regulator;
- We include a first class, custom-designed phono preamp circuit using the venerable 12AX7 with an excellent RIAA compensation
- We added an updated and improved driver and power amp circuit, based on the unique 12DW7 triode and the venerable EL84
- It uses our own designed, high quality combo main printed circuit board (one PCB for all six tubes), with double layer, top and bottom ground planes for maximum screening against noise pickup, which can also be used to upgrade older SCA-35's that use the single bias supply, by simply adding one jumper link! The PCB has top and bottom solder masking and full screen printing;
- It includes high quality film resistors, high quality film capacitors, and high quality electrolytic capacitors used throughout the circuits.
Do not compare this SCA-NG to the original Dynaco SCA-35! You are getting a first class integrated tube power amplifier that is heads and shoulders above the original SCA-35! We have made NO COMPROMISE in the design and the components that we use for this kit.
There are a total of four selectable inputs plus tape in and out, phono, CD, TUNER, AUX and Tape Deck. We can, upon request, customize the wording for the rotary selector switch to suit your own setup.
Two front panel colors are available, silver or black, with matching or contrasting silver of black aluminum knobs.
This integrated amp can be supplied for either 120VAC 60Hz or 220-240VAC 50Hz mains supply.
You will get a full set of instructions with this kit, but just as our PAS-NG kit, this is not for the beginner, and we will assume that you have built tube amp kits before and have a basic understanding of their operation.